PORTLAND, Ore. -- Following last week's Intercollegiate Tennis Association Northwest Regional, the Lewis & Clark Pioneers defeated the Willamette Bearcats 8-1 in a non-conference, fall dual on Saturday at the L&C Tennis Dome.
Brendan Adams played up to No. 1 singles and was the only Pios competitor to fall in defeat. Freshmen Shane Lynette and Kristian Peev won their debut dual matches at No. 2 and No. 3, respectively. Lynette paired with Ramez Attia for an 8-6 win in the top doubles match.
Will McDermott and Riley Vickers didn't yield a set in their No. 4 and No. 5 singles matches, respectively. McDermott defeated Luke Hiserman 6-0, 6-0, while Vickers bettered Thomas Andersen by the same line.
Peev was nearly a flawless winner as well, but his No. 3 match-up went 6-0, 6-1 against Quentin Nigbur.
With the Pios sweeping the doubles pairings, Lewis & Clark held Attia out of the singles match-ups. As a result, Adams moved to the top spot and faced Andrew Kabacy, who got the better of the pairing 7-5, 6-3.
- Lewis & Clark had not competed in a fall dual since at least before the 2012-13 season
- Attia and Lynette defeated Kabacy and Nigbur in the top doubles pairing, while McDermott and Adams won at No. 2 (8-0 over Gene Perle-Jones and Andersen)
- Peev and Vickers were victorious at No. 3 with an 8-1 defeat of Jordan Megiveron and Andrew Kropp
- Ryan Hayes made his season debut and beat Megiveron in No. 6 singles by a final of 6-2, 6-2
- Lynette won 6-2, 6-2 over Perle-Jones in No. 2 position
Lewis & Clark is idle until the spring.