The Lewis & Clark Athletics Hall of Fame was established in 1978 to pay permanent tribute to Lewis & Clark student-athletes who, through excellence of achievement in athletic competition, have brought a high level of honor and recognition to themselves and the college.
A new class of inductees is honored at the Hall of Fame Dinner each fall during Homecoming Weekend. Inductees are chosen from a list of submitted nominations and voted upon by the Hall of Fame Selection Committees. The 13-member committee is made up of current and former staff members, past inductees, and a former student-athletes.
Nominations may be submitted online by any interested person but must be submitted in writing using the official nomination form. All nominations must be accompanied by appropriate background information. Official nomination forms may be completed online here. The deadline to submit nominations each year is March 15.
All nominees are eligible for induction 10 years following their graduation class.
Criteria of Eligibility for Individual Induction
- Nominees must have received a baccalaureate degree from Lewis & Clark College.
- Following graduation from Lewis & Clark College, nominees must have maintained a record of good standing in their communities and their chosen fields of endeavor.
- The nominee must be present, if physically possible, for the induction at the scheduled Hall of Fame ceremony.
Criteria of Eligibility for Team Induction
- Exemplary season in terms of win/loss record and team statistics.
- Evidence of conference, district, and /or national recognition of team.
- Demonstrated sense of extraordinary team cohesiveness and individual sacrifice for sake of the team effort.
Criteria of Eligibility for Meritorious Service Award
- Individual non-athletes, who in some manner have made extraordinary contributions to the success of the intercollegiate athletic program, may be considered for a meritorious service award.
Criteria of Eligibility for Lifetime Sport & Achievement Award
- This award is given for outstanding service after graduation to a sports program or outstanding performance achievement in a sport by a Lewis & Clark graduate. The individual must be recognized for his/her sport achievement on the regional and/or national level.
Enter the Hall of Fame by clicking the image below ...